[App_rpt-users] Portable micro-node?

Alan Adamson adamson_alan at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 17 17:17:48 UTC 2012

Ok, so I want to build a portable micro-node for allstar around an RTCM.  I
have the RTCM know how to configure it, etc. What I just can't figure out is
*what radio* to use.. I'd like this to be portable and low power - ala HT.

I've got any number of commercial motorola HT's or a few dual band Ham HT's
(specifically thinking the TH-79A that I have laying around).. So what are
you all using and what's easy to hook up?  I really don't want another
*mobile* radio, that's just too much overkill.

If you would, can you offer hookup directions (not to the RTCM, I know that
part), but to whatever radio you are using?

Thanks in advance,
Alan