[App_rpt-users] Alternate port to 4569

Don Hackler donh at sigma.net
Thu Jun 21 05:43:10 UTC 2012

You can use alternate ports for IAX.
I'm using 4568, since 4569 is already occupied by another Asterisk switch.

You have to be careful of the order of the bind port and bind address in iax.conf and I think you have to call them both out if you are not using the default port.   This is what's working in my iax.conf:
. . .
[general]
bindport=4568
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
. . .

You also have to call out the port number in the  server configuration -> (your server ID) -> network configuration of the portal.
This is how the other nodes find out they need to connect to you on your alternate port number.