[App_rpt-users] Distorted audio - no explanation

(KP4TR)Ramon Gonzalez kp4tr.ramon at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 15:06:24 UTC 2012

Yes, audio levels are set perfectly. Believe me, I am totally perplexed
as to what is causing this as it just happened out of nowhere.

I can connect from one node to another and audio sound great both ways.
It's only when I connect outside my network using Allstar.
If I use echolink from the one node that has it configured, to the node
in Chicago I'm testing with, audio sounds great. Same hardware.

It is not an audio level setting problem. It is not a usbradio option
setting, as I use 2 entirely different radios and both have same situation.
It is not a server setting, as I have tested on 2 separate servers, and
same problem.
I rebooted both servers several times. No change.

The only common thing is my network and ISP. Tested with my IRLP node,
all is ok. Tested bandwidth, everything looks good (average 40MBPS up/
5MBPS down).