[App_rpt-users] RTCM Question

Alan Adamson adamson_alan at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 11:54:38 UTC 2012

Anyone else noticed this?  Maybe my user radio is just a fast switcher.

I use and RTCM in conventional mode at my repeater to be the interface for
it and Allstar.   If I don't remember to keep the PTT held for about a
second after I finish talking, as soon as I release the PTT, I get about 1
second (it's actually a smidge shorter than that) of the last few things I
said on the air.

I'm pretty sure this *repeat* is because of the approx 1 second delay that
the RTCM instills in the system.  It's about 400ms of startup delay, and
about the same of system delays, so the live release of the PTT sees approx
800ms of delayed audio.

If I remember to keep the PTT pressed for approx 1 second when I finish
talking I don't see this.  I'm using a commercial radio, so maybe I'll need
to see about a programmed setting to do that for me automagically.

Just wondering if others are seeing it as well or if I just have a fast
switcher.

Alan