[App_rpt-users] Allmon Node Information

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Tue Nov 13 22:06:34 UTC 2012

On 11/11/2012 11:01 PM, Tim Sawyer wrote:
> I'm sure Allmon users will be happy to know that the Node Information column
> now shows the frequency, callsign and location. Thanks goes to the Duuude for
> maling this data available to us.

<-- Hi Tim;  Looking good:

http://199.212.121.20:5088/allmon/link.php?node=2248

Some feedback:

1.  Asterisk does not like a special character iin the password (as
specified in the manager.conf file) - I keep on getting authentication
errors.  I took the special character ($) out of my passwd and bingo!

2.  Similar for the htpasswd for the control op' to login - doesn't like
a special character.

3.  On the main page, the node callsign is displayed twice, can we
suppress one of the callsigns?

4.  Any way of suppressing the manager login / logout messages from the
CLI? - I presume these are also being written to the asterisk log file
as well (haven't had the time to check - but can only imagine what's
happening to the log file).

In my example, I have nodes 27919 and 28762 on a different server; we
discussed this a week ago - I used iptables on the remote node to lock
down the control port :)

On one of my sites, I am behind a CPE NAT f/w - which is masquerading
all WAN IP's - so iptables doesn't help too much there! - so I installed
allmon on that system separately.

Cheers!

Ramesh.