[App_rpt-users] Interesting problem

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Sat Nov 24 16:51:28 UTC 2012

I have a simplex node (that I finally got working...); alinco DR135,
that I use as an occasional link from my node(s) into the local club
repeater (trying to demonstrate for them the wonders of asterisk...).

The DR135 is set up for digital input, levels are ok, keying off the ptt
on the rear connector.  I can connect ok, get good modulation in both
directions, PL works fine (i'm taking flat audio out of the 135 and
injecting back in with asterisk handling the pl generation, etc.)

Anyway...have an interesting problem that cropped up...when I connect
the 135 to ANY of my 2 hubs or nodes and confirm the connection...my
transmit side (listening on the transmit frequency of the link radio),
when I key the 135, has a 1KC tone underneath the transmit audio.

I've checked (via radio-tune-menu) that the 1KC tone is off, all the
configurations are saved properly, etc.  This ONLY happens when I
connect the DR135 up as a simplex link; it does not happen between any
of my other repeater nodes.

It's a bit of a quandry...wondering what this could be.  Any thoughts?

BB