[App_rpt-users] Connection troubles and NAT FYI

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Sun Oct 28 06:45:21 UTC 2012

While Asterisk works behind NAT just swell, it seems several of the problems I have run into can be traced back to a terrible NAT implementation on our router. We have some rangebooster DLink that NATs even DMZ traffic, and generally breaks inbound anything. portal updates, phone portal, etc, works rarely if at all.

Something to keep in mind is to try and remove the router if you have one, and see if it is problematic. I would not leave the system like this, it will be probed via SIP and SSH, but you can quickly eliminate that element from your frustration.