[App_rpt-users] URI frustration

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Thu Sep 20 16:13:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've seen URI driver issues in the past as well. In my situation, all was
working great on an older MoBo.  Then, for some new repeaters, I switched
to a latest-generation Zotac Mini-ITX board with AMD 3.2GHz dual-core CPU.
These boxes exhibitied similar green LED issues and "Mr. roboto" like
audio problems. I found the problem was due to a kernel
timer/compatibility bug with the new hardware....A was using the default
ACID install at that point--CentOS 5.3, 2.6.18.xxx kernel.

I resolved the issue by downloading and "hand cooking" the latest (at that
time--2.6.30.5)  kernel which had properly working hi-res timer code. I
also hacked the zaptel-dummy driver to use the hi-res timer. Since these
fixes, both boxes have run perfectly--the latest uptime (which I just
checked) is 208 days. Also, neither box exhibits any cold boot / warm boot
issues.

73, David KB4FXC