[App_rpt-users] Using an external Controller

Eric Guth eric at efratnetworks.com
Tue Apr 9 05:26:20 UTC 2013

Dear Bob,

Here is how I reboot anything from afar.  http://tell.hu/en/products/gsm_communicators/compact_gsm2

73,

Eric
4Z1UG / WA6IGR
Allstar Node: 28422
4Z1UG at guth.us<mailto:4Z1UG at guth.us>
Israel Direct: 077-950-9451
USA Direct: +1-720-377-3840

From: app_rpt-users-bounces at ohnosec.org [mailto:app_rpt-users-bounces at ohnosec.org] On Behalf Of Bob Roszkowski
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 7:35 AM
To: Bob - AF6D
Cc: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Using an external Controller

Bob,

I still use my RC210s at all my sites.  I have a lot of confidence in AllStar running a repeater but the controller is one thing I have a hard time letting go.  I deal a bunch with PCs and no matter what OS you are using, they will lock up eventually because of hardware, heat, etc.  I had a site that had a good PC, but every once and a while, the machine would lock up or do something and allstar would halt.  Couldn't even remote in.  So, I had to go to the site and reboot just to get the machine back on the air.  After the third time, I reinstalled the controller.  Machine was still flaky but all I lost was the link and the repeater was still on the air.

boB