[App_rpt-users] GM300 Cable pinout question

Benjamin L. Naber Benjamin at kb9lfz.com
Thu Apr 11 01:46:29 UTC 2013

the COS/COR is not needed because the settings in the usbradio.conf are
going to be:
carrierfrom=dsp
ctcssfrom=dsp

The Linux box is going to use DSP to detect the the difference between
the white noise and a modulated signal. Once it detects that difference,
it will send the audio over the network to whatever node you are
connected to.

Ensure that you use the radio-tune-menu after you make the setting
adjustments and reboot. The radio-tune-menu going through the steps will
help you ensure that your audio into the network is set to the proper
deviation, ability to detect the difference between white noise and an
actual signal, and proper TX audio levels on your end. This will ensure
your TX deviation is set to 3KHz with a 1KHz tone and vise-versa.

It is wise to use a service monitor when using the radio-tune-menu. If
you do not have access to one, become a friend with someone who does, or
ask members of your radio club. I'm after two or three hours of pure,
continuous looking, you will find someone who has one.

The allstarlink.org website has an alternative method that uses a radio
that should be known accurate. Meaning it's TX audio deviation is
correct, and it's on frequency, as best as a amateur radio is going to
be. If you do not have a tone generator, the open source world has
plenty of programs that you can use the computer to generate a 1KHz
tone.

It's not complicated, and doesn't take long to setup using a service
monitor. Once you go through the steps, the last step will be to save
what you've done and then reboot the node.

I used the above methods to setup my box, and it's works wonderful.

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ
allstar 28569