[App_rpt-users] Connecting Nodes

Tim Sawyer tim.sawyer at me.com
Wed Aug 7 05:39:11 UTC 2013

I think I've read here on the list that Allstar will not run on Raspberry Pi.

As far as how nodes attach to each other, it's pretty simple. Every node can accept multiple connections so any node can be a central point of connection. You can daisy chain the connections like you mentioned or connect everything to one node including iaxRPT. It's completely flexible. A "hub" is just another node with no radio attached.

Connections are made with touch tones. The default install uses *3+nodeNumber to connect and *1+nodeNumber to disconnect. Nodes can be set up to automatically connect when they boot up. Asterisk has a CLI which can also be used to make connections. There are web based systems to control nodes, too. And yes, when nodes are connected all nodes can talk to each other and any connected clients including iaxRPT, the webTranceiver, or even telephones.

ohnosec.org/drupal in addition to the allstarlink.org site is a good place to start learning.
--
Tim
:wq