[App_rpt-users] Mastr II and URI low TX audio

Robert Poff wb3awj at comcast.net
Fri Aug 16 13:41:24 UTC 2013

I've never used a MII mobile, but in the stations (with only the
regulator card in the shelf) I've tagged onto the mic audio line on the
backplane.
Yes, I did need to use the URI amplifier.

I THINK that I had to bring the deviation pot way up. Enough that the
exciter was effectively not doing any limiting. Relying on the software
DSP.
I'm a bit hazy on that point though, it's been a while.

The PLL exciter was mentioned. On those you can inject composite (voice
and PL) into the exciter CG input. I measured mine to be dead flat in
response (no pre-emphasis at all)
to at least 8 KC. Which makes sense as from what I've been told, that's
where they injected the EDACS data.

Yes, the microphone has an amplified cartridge. Hence MIC DC on the mic
audio line. But the URI has a 10uf blocker cap on it's inputs and
outputs if believe.

--
Robert A. Poff
Loganville, PA