[App_rpt-users] getting Pickle running on Beagleboard xm ver c

C B harvard5362 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 17 23:22:13 UTC 2013

Hi

sorry if this has been covered before.

I am new to both beagle-board and all-star. I am also new to Linux.

I have a beagle-board-xm ver c and a lox board.

the beagle board booted fine with the operating system it came with.

I purchased a new card so I could keep the original o.s. intact.

I downloaded what I believe to be the latest version of Pickle from the allstar website.

I used z-zip extracted the IMG file and placed it on the micro sd card (new) with win32diskimiger

the Beagle board seems to at least partially boot as I get the Penguin in the upper left of the monitor.

then all I get is a blinking curser in the left hand corner of the monitor.

it gets a IP address from my router, and I can use putty to open a SSH connection to port 222.

As I do not know how to log in this is as far as I have gotten.

I have not found much information on the web beyond what I have done so far.

please can anyone tell me either what I have done wrong or what steps I need to follow next.

thank you in advance for your help.

Chris