[App_rpt-users] DTMF commands

Benjamin L. Naber Benjamin at kb9lfz.com
Sat Aug 24 04:46:19 UTC 2013

Greetings All,

I would like to know if it is 1.) Possible, and 2.) what file(s) need to
be modified to change how DTMF commands are interpreted by the system.

I'm working on a system in which the users do not have the * or # DTMF
commands available on their radios. At this time, the users only options
will be: connect to and disconnect from a node. The node numbers may be
2XXXX an above.

In under for a user to connect to a node, the dial plan must see five
digits as a valid node number, starting with the correct node number
start. For this case, we'll use 20000 as the first node.

So I thought of the users using '1(X)(..)' for commands. '1' followed by
the node number to connect, and '12' to disconnect, for example.

Could asterisk be made to recognize single or double digit DTMF tones as
commands without using * ?

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ
allstar node 28569