[App_rpt-users] allmon.ini - not resolving hostnames?

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Wed Aug 28 01:55:08 UTC 2013

Hi Keith;

See below...

On 27/08/2013 9:41 PM, Keith Goobie wrote:
> Hi Ramesh
>
> Some more info is needed here!
>
> Allmon runs as code on the web server, which does not have to run on the
> asterisk server.

<-- Yep, I just happen to be running it on both systems - (one my
reflector, the webpage is accessible publicly via the web, on my system
at home, the webpage is only accessible to me / internally).

> Where is the web server with the allmon code in relation to the asterisk
> server.  Are they using the same dns?  This is important.

<-- I have the allmon code (with the publicly accessible webserver)
running on node 2248 - at the Hamilton Health Sciences Centre.  DNS is
as provided by the hospital with the Google public DNS server as the
secondary DNS.

On the system at home, the DNS is as provided by Ma Bell.

> I did convert one of my allmon entries from an IP address to a hostname and
> it had no problem.
>
> If you do an nslookup on the system with the allmon code, what does it
> resolve the hostname to?

<-- nslookup on both systems shows the correct IP address.

Cheers!

Ramesh.