[App_rpt-users] IAX rpt client

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Dec 4 00:36:35 UTC 2013

When I did it I just followed the directions here -

http://www.xelatec.com/xipar/node/89

and changed some of the names to to more match what it is. -

In iax.conf

; IAXRPT

[iaxrpt]
user=iaxrpt
type=user
context=radio-iaxrpt
auth=md5
secret=xxxxxxxx  ; *** Important! Change this!!!
host=dynamic
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
transfer=no

and in extensions.conf -

[radio-iaxrpt]
exten = 27225,1,Rpt,27225|X    ; Change to your node number

In the iaxrpt program create an account to the username and PW. In this case I used -

account name 27225
host  <the remote or local IP or domain name>
user  iaxrpt
PW  <the pw defined in iax.con>

DUPLEX

Be sure to restart asterisk or reload the configs. I hope that helps.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio