[App_rpt-users] WebTransceiver and MS Windows 8 ??

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Dec 4 04:37:40 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone noticed issues with the WebTransceiver java applet and Win8?

I have a user (600 miles away!) seeing audio issues when the applet tries
to transmit to a Asterisk/app_rpt node. Basically, the issue is that the
TX audio level start out normal and then just fades to nothing over the
course of maybe 4 seconds. Very strange. RX audio and everything else is
fine.  Note also that it works just fine with Win7.  We've tried launching
from IE and Firefox and using a very recent copy of the Oracle JRE.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

73, David KB4FXC