[App_rpt-users] Permanent connection?

Jon Rorke jrorke at cogeco.ca
Tue Dec 10 17:43:10 UTC 2013

The permanent connection is more of a persistent connection.
Using a normal connection will work but eventually the connection may
drop due to internet latency (auto congest) or other reasons.
If you normally are connected to another node on a full time basis then
the perm connection may be desirable.

What it does is keeps your node connected to the other node. If there is
a loss of network connection it will re establish the connection
automatically when the internet recovers.
This is only true if both nodes are up an running.

If a node was restarted or rebooted then the connection will have made
manually.
If you want the connection to be made if a node is restarted then set up
a macro to establish the perm connection. Then define a startup macro in
your node stanza to call the macro to connect the two nodes when the
node starts.

Jon VA3RQ