[App_rpt-users] cop, Foreign Link Local Output Path ???

Chuck Henderson rpt2 at chuck.midlandsnetworking.com
Fri Dec 13 06:48:37 UTC 2013

Does anyone know what these are expected to do?

cop,36 ; Foreign Link Local Output Path Enable
cop,37 ; Foreign Link Local Output Path Disable
cop,38 ; Foreign Link Local Output Path Follows Local Telemetry
cop,39 ; Foreign Link Local Output Path on Demand

When I try to do these absolutely nothing happens.
>From looking at the source file I see that the following line is what stops
the case statement from doing anything.

if (!mylink) return DC_ERROR;

My expectation was that these would let me avoid connects to connected
nodes from being announced on my system, while still allowing connects to
my node to be announced on my system.
Obviously that isn't what these do so what are they there for and why don't
they do anything?

Chuck Henderson,  CCIE2285, WB9UUS
Midlands Networking, Inc.