[App_rpt-users] Registration issues

Tim Sawyer tim.sawyer at mac.com
Sat Dec 14 05:09:13 UTC 2013

You are not alone in complaining about this problem. I’m not sure what is happening but something appears to be amiss. Yes nodes3 has been down for a while but that shouldn’t break anything.

There are a few different versions of rc.updatenodlist out there. One version has a 2 hour sleep if no data is received repeatedly. Maybe that version is hitting nodes3 and giving up forever. I took that version and tweaked it a bit in an attempt to add diagnostics. It’s attached here. Unzip it, put it in your root directory and mark it executable. Do a killall rc.updatenodlist and then run this script. Report if you see anything interesting. Remember to reboot your node to start rc.updatenodelist when done.

You script monkeys may want to take a close look at the attached script. I suspect it has a bug as some of the if statements don’t make sense to me. And just maybe that’s the issue.

BTW, rc.updatenodelist should ‘just sit there’ as it goes into a forever loop which gets the node list, sleeps for 10 minutes and repeats. Also, ‘registration’ is when your node announces itself to the Allstar system. Your node is registered if it’s green on the nodes list. The process we are talking about here is the distribution of the Allstar directory, i.e. registered nodes and their IP address.

Sending again, this time with the attachment.

--
Tim
:wq