[App_rpt-users] ID reduced volume during repeater use

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sun Dec 15 20:12:28 UTC 2013

That is exactly what I did. I combined asterisk (Alison) sounds and used sox to reduce the volume. Use that file as the 'idrecording' and your cwid for talkover if you want to terminate the voice when there is activity.

I also created a Perl script to emulate the same thing as the internal time - "Good Morning The time is " message which changes the volume to whatever you set it to before playing.

The connect/disconnect messages are a little harder. You can suppress or reduce them with settings but you can't lower the volume unless you alter the files in the sounds or sounds/rpt directory.

A good feature for Allstar would be an alternate sounds setting which would allow you to specify the directory for played sounds. Then you could process all the sound files into another directory with reduced volume of your liking with the option of going back to the original files.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio