[App_rpt-users] ID reduced volume during repeater use

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 20:58:40 UTC 2013

On 12/15/2013 10:39 AM, Bob wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to reduce the ID audio level when it occurs during
> repeater use. Might this be the "idtalkover" function in rpt.conf? If so,
> how is that level set? In software?
> idtalkover=|iwb6nil/rpt		; Talkover ID (optional) default is none
>
> I'm an linux/asterisk/app_rpt newbie, so no risk of talking down to me. I
> just ask the answer be in simple terms  :-)

In rpt.conf, there's a stanza called

[morse[node_#]]
speed=20                ; Approximate speed in WPM
frequency=600           ; Morse Telemetry Frequency
amplitude=2048          ; Morse Telemetry Amplitude
idfrequency=650         ; Morse ID Frequency
idamplitude=1026        ; Morse ID Amplitude

If you have a voice file, if Allison comes up and starts to ID your system,
with idfrequency and amplitude set somewhere -lower- than everything
else, she'll go away, but only on ID's.

when it spits out connect messages, they'll be on up in volume.

idtalkover=|iW5OMR

short.  simple.  works