[App_rpt-users] Speaking of CW IDs

Jim W7RY w7ry at centurytel.net
Sun Dec 15 21:50:52 UTC 2013

But its the rules!
73
Jim W7RY

§ 97.119 Station identification.
(a) Each amateur station, except a space station or telecommand station,
must transmit its assigned call sign on its transmitting
channel at the end of each communication, and at least every 10 minutes
during a communication, for the purpose of clearly making
the source of the transmissions from the station known to those
receiving the transmissions. No station may transmit unidentified
communications or signals, or transmit as the station call sign, any
call sign not authorized to the station.
(b) The call sign must be transmitted with an emission authorized for
the transmitting channel in one of the following ways: (1) By a CW
emission. When keyed by an automatic device used only for
identification,the speed must not exceed 20 words per
minute;