[App_rpt-users] EchoLink issue (Issue Resolved)

wade wadeo at charter.net
Sun Dec 29 19:00:27 UTC 2013

Update: Issue resolved

I just wanted to get this information out there for future reference.

Original issue was no incoming echolink connections possible, outbound
connections worked with no issue.

After adjusting many different items in the echolink.conf file and
settings in the router, we finally did a complete reinstall. No luck. We
decided to change computers, still no luck. With my friend ready to
throw in the towel, a local guy who is pretty fluent in Linux finally
found the issue.

Some file, i do not know what one yet, needed to be set to accept the
ULAW audio codec. Then incoming connections worked perfect also. I don't
know if this was something in the original configuration setup and
downloaded or what it is. But it is some good information to have handy
or think about if anyone experiences an issue with this in the future.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions along the way. They are very
much appreciated!

Wade
KC0MLT
AllStar node 28757