[App_rpt-users] EchoLink issue

wade wadeo at charter.net
Tue Dec 24 03:34:16 UTC 2013

Ok for an update.

I was able to go back into my router and RE-enter all the port
forwarding settings. This fixed my end of things and I can now get
incoming connects, for now. As for my friend, he has a different router
and has not had such luck. I will be heading over to his place in the
next few days to see if I can resolve this in his router or not. Just
for the record my servers are now listed as below:

server1=naeast.echolink.org
server2=nawest.echolink.org
server3=servers.echolink.org
server4=backup.echolink.org

This works for me as of now.

Wade

KC0MLT

On 12/23/2013 1:40 AM, George Csahanin wrote:
> Leave us not forget how a year ago I was "blacklisted" by Echolink for
> using non-echolink software. First they blocked me for using tbd on a
> server here then another round of attitude over using app_rpt. I also
> run a deny everyone except list, had to include three of their
> callsigns in the list to make them happy again. I had been pulling
> what's left of my hair out trying to figure why I could not connect.
>
> Now it has also happened as a result of what can only be "odd" routing
> with my dear friends at AT&T.
>
> Also, yes a good time to chip in to support Jim's efforts here.
>
> GeorgeC
> W2DB
>

> -----Original Message----- From: Buddy Brannan
> Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 6:28 PM
> To: wade
> Cc: App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] EchoLink issue
>
> I think server2 is the server that doesn’t work. Try this…it’s what’s
> in my echo link.conf file:
>
> server1=naeast.echolink.org
> server2=servers.echolink.org
> server3=servers.echolink.org
>
> On Dec 22, 2013, at 7:12 PM, wade <wadeo at charter.net> wrote:
>
>> The ports are forwarding to the correct IP address. There is only one
>> connection per location for echolink.  All was working properly the
>> first day, then the second day came and no inbound connections are
>> possible. We can also no longer get in from our Android phones.
>>
>> Thi is the message my friend gets.
>>
>> ERROR [2306] chan_echolink.c: connect{} failed to connect to the
>> echolink server server2.echolink.org
>>
>> Hope this can help diagnose what going on here..
>>
>> Wade
>> KC0MLT
>>

>> On 12/22/2013 2:46 PM, mike at midnighteng.com wrote:
>>>
>>> one thing to check...
>>> incoming and outgoing routes in your router udp ports for echolink
>>> and allstar
>>>
>>> then know that
>>>
>>> echolink only allows one connection per ip address.
>>>
>>> Hope that leads you somewhere if you have not found it.
>>>
>>> ...mike/kb8jnm

>>> Wade