[App_rpt-users] [Bulk] Re: Simple node

Tony KT9AC kt9ac at ameritech.net
Wed Feb 13 15:19:07 UTC 2013

Myself and another ham just picked up two of the 5710 thin clients for less than $50 each shipped. So what is the recommended way to build a node - ACID with a larger drive or Limey with existing hardware inside (512M ram/ 512M flash)?
I like simple_usb because using a repeater or S-COM interface all you need is audio and logic signals. I would like a few GPIO outputs for external control purposes, too.
What is the K0KN PLRI interface? Does that take advantage of the parallel port or something?
Thanks,Tony