[App_rpt-users] Monitor Node on Windows

Neil Addis ars.w7fed at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 20:24:27 UTC 2013

Bill (and the group),

There are several ways to monitor/control your node remotely;

1: To monitor the server activity (not audio) remotely, use *PuTTY*. You
connect via SSH as a remote terminal session. With this, you can type any
command as if you are at the server console. Download PuTTY for windows and
install. (I also use "*ConnectBot*" on my android phone!)

2: To monitor audio, you can install *iaxRpt* and depending on the config
files, you can talk (and command) your node. (requires Java).

3: Install/configure *echolink* and from any Windows, Mac (under wine), or
android device, and you can connect and monitor/talk on your node from
anywhere.

4: Configure a SIP "peer" extension and monitor/talk/command your node from
any SIP phone (Softphone, or physical SIP phone on your desk. (I built a
separate Asterisk box and setup all of my nodes as extensions on the PBX,
thereby allowing me to connect any SIP device (see above) and
connect/monitor/control/talk to my node(s).
It also allows me to use the PBX as a dial-out/dial-in to the real world
(via a Magic-Jack) as well as having access to all the other PBX features!)
from my handie-talkie.

5: To MANAGE your node from your windows box, download and install *WinSCP*.
This allows you to manage the FILES on your server. Great "Explorer" type
GUI.
You can navigate through the file structure, edit/copy/create/etc any
file(s). I also use it to copy all of my /etc/asterisk files to my NAS as a
backup.
If I need to reload a server, I run ACID, then drag all the /etc/asterisk
files into the reloaded box and reboot. Viola!

Hope this helps (a little).
*Neil*
*W7FED*
Burien (SEATAC), WA.