[App_rpt-users] [Bulk] Getting to know App-Rpt all over again.

Benjamin L. Naber Benjamin at kb9lfz.com
Tue Feb 26 01:52:20 UTC 2013

Ok. First DO NOT INSTALL ACID TO ANY TYPE OF FLASH DRIVE!!!!!

ACID is meant for a spinning hard drive installation. The constant
read/write cycles will cause your flash drive to fail very quickly.
Not necessarily the read cycles, but the constant "writing" to the flash
drive will cause premature errors in flash drives. Remove ACiD, and
either install ACID to a USB hard drive or get an IDE adapter kit. Limey
Linux is loaded to ram, decompressed, and then runs completely from RAM.
Any changes are saved to a special area that are saved for the next time
you have to reboot. Unless you use "svcfg" to change changes, you can
mess and tweak with all the settings and then when you screw it up, pull
the power cord, and plug it back in to begin again.

Second. The out-of-the-box configurations work. You may need to do some
audio tweaking, but that is it. Nothing else. There should be zero need
to mess with rpt.conf, or the others.

If I were you, I would download both versions of Limey Linux and either
use phydiskwrite (windoz) or "gunzip -c xx.img | of=/dev/hdX
bs=16k" (linux) to burn the either the i686 or VIA kernel version of
Limey to your DOM (disk on module) flash drive that came with the thin
client. You can use a program such as DSL drop into shell, sftp into one
of your servers, or copy the Limey Linux .img files to a thumb drive.

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ
allstar node 28569