[App_rpt-users] RTCM Reliability / Duplex

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Tue Jan 8 17:38:40 UTC 2013

imho, you want absolute reliability...stay with hardware controllers.

typically, my hubs and nodes stay up for months at a time, on an old althon mini tower with 5 dongles attached.  get rid of the spinning media and go full solid state, and you,are probably looking at year or more.

allstar is a work in progress...but, knowing what jim has done with what he built...being open source and community debugged, i'd probably not use it to distribute the launch codes, but i'd want to have it the after the tubes were emptied.

i don't think 1) the rtcm has been out there long enough and 2) there is a big enough critical mass to say, with any sort of reliable metric, what the mtbf, mttr, or whatever have you, is.

--
Bryan
Sent from my iPad