[App_rpt-users] RTCM Reliability / Duplex

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Tue Jan 8 17:45:31 UTC 2013

I also ran into some comment about duplex being a problem for linked users – there was not any timer available to allow, on a full duplex system or link, non full duplex users to connect to the system and be able to transmit and talk, as their system would be in use until everyone else cleared out, a difficult scenario. Can’t say for sure since we haven’t gotten there yet but I could see it.

>> What you can do about the above it to provide a no-radio node (a hub node) for non-duplex users to link to. You set the timers on that node to have almost zero hang time (and llittle or no courtesy beep). That gives them pretty much an equal; chance to start talking as the users on the full-duplex ports.

 73
Ken

ttp://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users