[App_rpt-users] Remote base help

Michael Hebert mhebert1975 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 01:56:54 UTC 2013

Group,

Can someone please help me out either on or off list? I have 2 nodes hooked
up to my ACID box using URIx. One is an allstar public node that is hooked
up to a UHF repeater. The other is a private node remote base hooked up to a
FT-817ND. Audio is working great on both radios. I am able to connect and
disconnect with no problems between the nodes. So, to get to the point, I am
not able to remote command the remote base either from DTMF via the repeater
or CLI. I have tried both a serial and USB CAT cable from the ACID box. I am
able to control the FT817ND with no problems using ham radio deluxe, so I
know both cables and the radio are working. I did hook up a null modem cable
from the port in rpt.conf to my laptop and I am seeing something in putty. I
have tried the 3 port speeds that the radio supports for CAT. The data I am
seeing using putty is unreadable for all 3 speeds. I do not know what to do
next

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Mike - KD5DFB