[App_rpt-users] Intel DN2800MT - 12V DC Powered Mobo (Randy Neals)

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Tue Jan 15 02:04:17 UTC 2013

Well - to clarify ... my particular case was a D510 which has some kind of
on-die temperature sensor that is used to shut down the system.  The exact
temperature of shutdown is not really known. Here are the words:

The temperature at which the THERMTRIP# signal becomes active is
individually
calibrated during manufacturing. The temperature at which THERMTRIP# becomes
active is roughly parallel to the thermal profile and greater than the
PROCHOT#
activation temperature. Once configured, the temperature at which the
THERMTRIP#
signal is asserted is neither re-configurable nor accessible to the system.

The way I cooked it was to mount the PC at the top of a cabinet containing a
300 watt paging amplifier. Seemed fine until the cabinet fan came unplugged.
Then it nicely shut down the PC at the designated temperature.

Ken