[App_rpt-users] limey linux and parallel ports

Benjamin L. Naber Benjamin at kb9lfz.com
Mon Jan 28 02:56:56 UTC 2013

Well I'm not sure what rude behavior is all about, but I did get the TX
ptt portion working. I used the radio-tune-menu to get the TX audio
where the levels should be with an IFR-1600 service monitor and it
sounds great. No distortion, good clean audio.

What I did figure out is that upon boot, then TX ptt is set to on. Then
when I connect via telephone portal, the TX drops, and then rekeys with
the node announce info. Then the TX ptt drops until it needs to rekey
again.

Is this a bug? the TX ptt drive is set to 'on' until the machine tells
something to somewhere to enable ptt and output some audio?

Now to get the RX to work. I also used the radio-tune-menu to make the
RX adjustments, however, it seems I have a quirk that needs to be
figured out. As soon as I key my HT, the node receives it and then keys
the TX immediately, does the courtesy tone, and drops carrier. I have
tried several different configurations under 'carrierfrom' and
'ctcssfrom'. And it seems that if I set it to anything other than 'usb'
or 'dsp' it almost acts as if it's in a permanent loopback. After
changes are made and saved, I'll reboot the node and it will key up as
stated before, then it will wait about a minute, ID, drop carrier, then
the node will keyup again, do the no-link courtesy tone, drop carrier,
wait about half a second and then do it all over again. And this will
continue on until I unplug something. Any ideas?

If some one is interested in hearing and intelligently talking to me
about this, I routinely monitor the AK4PY-L echolink and W4TVM IRLP
node. Or, you can call me.

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ