[App_rpt-users] ARM Arch Linux version of allstar

Anthony Percy anthcp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 07:41:31 UTC 2013

Hi all,
An update to the Raspberry PI running Allstar email below... Audio is not
corrupted with the iMIC....!!!!

I received my Griffin iMIC today so I fired up my PI with the Arch Allstar
image ( built using the link below)  and plugged it in.
The chan_alsaradio conf file had been configured from before to us hw
devices (not plughw so as to avoid the downsampling etc) and I started up
asterisk ( e.g asterisk -vvvc). When we had the CM108 plugged before, the
chan_alsaraio would crash when you tried a *99 test tone. However with the
iMIC it was stable with a smooth tone emitted when *99 was done!!!
Looks like the downsampling to 8KHz/overhead of the CM108 was the problem.
The chan_alsaradio driver can use a serial port for the PTT/COR so maybe a
usb serial port would work...??
( I will try this as I have one of these, not sure if its supported by the
PI/Arch Linux though)
Or we could code and use the PI GPIO ports....

Just thought I would let you all know...

Regards
Anthony, VK2ACP