[App_rpt-users] RTCM Question

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Tue Jul 2 13:05:38 UTC 2013

On 7/2/2013 8:18 AM, Phil Hebert wrote:
> Message
> A question for the group please.
> I would like to use an RTCM in a mobile environment, using a wireless ISP.
> The question is, does anyone have any experience with this ?
> The reason that I ask is; I was checking with Verizon Wireless and
> they block UDP ports on their 4G/LTE network .
> Is anyone succesfully using something else ?
> Thanks and 73

I use a Verizon 4G LTE ZTE Jetpack.  To convert the WiFi to Ethernet, I
use a Ubiquiti PicoStation (run in bridge mode) set-up as a wireless
client - which connects to Jetpack.  The PicoStations' Ethernet connects
to a router.  I seem to remember static'ing the IP's of the WAN port of
the router and PicoStation inside the LAN range of the Jetpack and using
a DMZ for the AllStar box.

I have had no issues with ports being blocked.

Kevin - WJ8G

-----
No virus found in this message.