[App_rpt-users] Computing Hardware....

James Hill jrh at g0fhm.co.uk
Sun Jul 7 12:57:57 UTC 2013

Guys,

The old laptop that I use on my node is just about ready to roll over
and die (numerous SMART warnings, and it's getting extremely hot).

I'm looking for new hardware options.

Any suggestions? In an ideal world, I would like to use my Pi with
simpleusb (PL is handled by radio with hardware COR), but from reading
the archives, it's been said that it is likely to never happen. Has
anyone actually used a Pi & made it work?

Or, what about a Thin Client?

I haven't got that much money to splash on new stuff, and I need
something with a low (ish) power consumption.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Cheers,

James G0FHM