[App_rpt-users] Computing Hardware....

Benjamin L. Naber Benjamin at kb9lfz.com
Thu Jul 11 13:36:23 UTC 2013

James, et al:

ACiD is meant for a hard drive. It is not a good idea to put ACiD on
anything other than a HDD. The write cycles will cause a flash drive to
fail exponentially faster.

If you want to use something that will work with a flash drive, use
Limey Linux. It runs from RAM, and only writes to a flash drive when you
save configs using svcfg. for Limey, 256MB flash will work, but it will
also work with 1GB flash, as that is what I have inside the machine.

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ