[App_rpt-users] Limey Help...

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 15 01:09:41 UTC 2013

After logging into James' system, I found that the "distro" version
of chan_simpleusb and chan_usbradio sources werent working
properly on Limey Linux.  I then loaded the SVN sources, and found
out that they had a different problem, the fix of which will appear in
SVN at 18:15 PDT this evening (in 14 minutes).

It had to do with the fact that the internal filesystem structure
(/proc and /sys entries) for the LSS (Linux Sound Stuff) seemed to
have changed sometime between Kernel verison 2.6.30 and 2.6.35.

I hadn't put in the check for this correctly (I merely had it doing it the
'new' way if it was a BeagleBoard distro), then to attempt a more 'right'
way, I took a guess at which version it changed in, and was apparently
wrong, so I took another 'guess' and that is what is there now, which at
least seems to work with all our distros.

The reason I have to 'guess', rather then know, is *SOMEONE* *STILL*
needs to take the time to do the research to see at what version that
*ACTUALLY* happened. This now, in all the history of app_rpt, is probably
about the SIXTH or SEVENTH time I have desperately begged anyone,
someone, to *PLEASE* take the time to do this research.

So, if anyone could do this, it would SURE be appreciated.

Anyway, the bottom line here is that if anyone wants to use chan_simpleusb or
chan_usbradio on Limey, I guess they need to load SVN sources.

Jim WB6NIL