[App_rpt-users] Limey Help...

Geoff w5omr at att.net
Mon Jul 15 13:13:19 UTC 2013

On 07/15/2013 06:14 AM, James Hill wrote:
> On 15/07/2013 02:09, Jim Duuuude wrote:
>> After logging into James' system, I found that the "distro" version
>> of chan_simpleusb and chan_usbradio sources werent working
>> properly on Limey Linux.  I then loaded the SVN sources, and found
>> out that they had a different problem, the fix of which will appear in
>> SVN at 18:15 PDT this evening (in 14 minutes).

Glad you found it and were able to find a fix, Jim.  Sounds kind of
reminiscent of when I was in 'dependency hell', trying to install a
program, only to find out I had the wrong version of lib[whatever]. Good
job!  Atta boy!  Pat's on the back!

> My Timezones appear to be all messed up.
>
> Running 'date' gives the correct time/date info output.
>
> However, initially asterisk/app_rpt was stuck back in PST (ie 8h
> behind) when I keyed *81.
>
> I've done some tinkering, and have now got the voice announcement to
> UTC (still an hour behind).
>
> /etc/TZ is set to GMT0BST as it should be. BIOS clock is correct.

If I have read right, and understand - Limey Linux runs on a flash
drive.  Sort of like a 'Live Evaluation Distro' and nothing is ever
'saved'.  I'm not exactly sure what SVN services are, but they sound
like something required for Limey.  My vague understanding of it is that
by implementing SVN services, you are somehow able, once everything is
setup and running, to -save- the configuration so that it stays the same
each time the system boots up.

As for setting the timezone and time on your Linux system, this link may
help:
http://www.hypexr.org/linux_date_time_help.php

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR