[App_rpt-users] URI remote base question

Ross Johnson kc7rjk at comcast.net
Tue Jul 30 22:26:41 UTC 2013

Hello group,
I’m new to the list, fairly new to Allstar as well, and love the systems flexibility great work everyone.

I’m adding a IC706 remote base to my system. I was hoping to use the URI for this job but in going through the documents I see the the wiring schematic is detailed for the 4 port PCI interface. Can a URI be used in it’s place using the GPOI’s of the URI in place of the UIO’s of the PCI interface. Here’s the diagram I was using to interface the 706. http://images.ohnosec.org/ic706.pdf

If this is not possible what would be the best alternative? For instance using an rs232 interface for control with the uri or FOB for audio and PTT/COR?

Again thanks for your time.

Ross
kc7rjk Eugene OR
29649-29651