[App_rpt-users] DTMF Variables

Robert A. Poff wb3awj at comcast.net
Wed Jul 31 04:02:32 UTC 2013

If you define the two in their respective rpt.conf nodes stanza, and have a function codes assigned to ilink,3 and ilink ,1 the private node should be able to connect directly.

Something like this....
In the public node
[nodes]
radio at 127.0.0.1:4569/29728,NONE.                 ; the public node
radio at XXX.XXX.XXX.xxx:4569/1701,NONE.    ; the private node

Where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the address of the private node, and1701 is it's number.

On the private node:
[nodes]
radio at 127.0.0.1:4569/1701,NONE
radio at yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy:4569/29728,NONE

Where yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy is the address of the public node.

In fact, I think you'll need to do this anyhow since the private node won't appear or get directory information from the Allstar portal.

Once that's in place, just a matter of dialing *329728 at the private node.

If you wanted to make it shorter dialing....
 Define two macros:
[macro]
60 = *129728.    ; disconnect
61 = *329728.    ; connect

The user can dial (and easily remember) *561 to connect, and *560 to disconnect