[App_rpt-users] Cannot Receive Incoming Connections From Other Allstar Link Nodes

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Mon Jun 3 10:58:48 UTC 2013

which is the case (port blocking) in 99% of the consumer service terms and conditions from your ISP.  And it does have to do with revenue stream, as well as traffic volume management.

try investigating business class service.  yeah it costs more, but for the most part  (even with Comcast), there is no port blocking, you can run your own web/mail/whatever server, and for a small upcharge, you can request a static ip.

like all things, you get what you pay for.
have had 0 problems (aside from two major storms in 2 years knocking down power for multiple days...) with the business class service in 4 years.
--
Bryan
Sent from my iPhone 5...small