[App_rpt-users] Courtesy Tones.....

James Hill g0fhmuk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 15:26:23 UTC 2013

Hi Guys,

I'm running a Simplex node, and am having trouble getting a courtesy tone
when the station on the link unkeys.

Everything appears to be set right in rpt.conf, but it doesn't happen.

However, if I alter duplex=0 to duplex=1, it will give a courtesy tone
after link unkey, and after local unkey - but the tones seem to get stuck
in a loop, and I get about 8 pips in a row!

I appreciate that running in duplex mode on a simplex link is far from
ideal. Is it a limitation of app_rpt that courtesy tones only work with a
duplex (ie repeater) setup?

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers,

James G0FHM