[App_rpt-users] Audio Clipping with IAXRPT / Web Transceiver Client

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Sun Mar 3 20:52:45 UTC 2013

On 3/3/2013 12:18 PM, Keith Goobie wrote:
> Hi Jon
>
> Just checked the configs -
>
> All three appearances (we control three URI fobs) of txlinonly are commented
> out, do you know what the default is.
>
> Incoming audio from iaxrpt users seems OK, with no issues.
>
> Keith

One other thing to check...which I'm surprised no one has mentioned, is
that frequently the motherboard USB ports are crap.  Plain and simple.
I had the same problem, which I traced down to a 'value engineered'
(read as cheap as possible implementation) set of USB ports on my HP
computer (who knows whose motherboard) which gave me choppy audio, cut
outs, etc., which simulated overdriving/limiting apparently on the
systems connected.

Spent (OMG, there's that word in a ham discussion) 40 bucks for an
add-on USB adapter board.  4 ports.  USB 2.0 capable.  Problem went away.

Just some other things to check.

Bryan WB0YLE
Allstar 27295 27295 27710 etc.