[App_rpt-users] DTMF number 3 Problem

George Zolla gazolla at san.rr.com
Sat Mar 9 16:42:53 UTC 2013

We recently installed AllStar on an old PC. At present we have a 10 year old Motorola 2M Radius radio connected to the AllStar PC via a custom cable and URI. The radio was tuned by a professional with tuning equipment according to the AllStar instructions. We can RX well and can TX voice well on all radios. Now the problem. Some radios (Yaesu & Icon) can send any DTMF number combination and works flawlessly. However some other radios like the Wouxun can send any number but the number "3" key successfully.  For instance *81 gives us the time successfully but 3 used in any string doesn't work. I have modified only two usbradio.conf settings:

carrierfrom = usbinvert
ctcssfrom = no

When I change to:

ctcssfrom = dsp

we can neither TX or RX.

Is there another setting that might help in the usbrdio.conf or any other config file? Can anyone help? It is a young ARC and most members use a Wouxon HT.

Thanks in advance,

George