[App_rpt-users] Couple of issues...

Keith Goobie keith at goobie.org
Sat Mar 16 13:57:27 UTC 2013

Ryan

1. Another users suggested that you make sure that the Asterisk audio be
set-up first.   This is very good counsel.  Follow the procedures as
dictated in the allstarlink.org web site.  Once that is complete, you can
adjust the Echolink audio as a parameter in the usbradio config file.   Look
for erxgain and etxgain in rpt.conf.

2. When the user sets up the iaxrpt client, the second tab in the
preferences allows the user to set his callsign.   Whne that is done, he
will be announced on the node.  If the user does not set this he connects in
a stealthy manner.  Otherwise if a value is set, then they are announced
during connects and disconnects.  If everyone follows this, then you can
move forward with a common userid and password.

3. Where is your voicemail with respect to asterisk & the bare repeater.
You need to supply a little more detail, before people can respond.  I think
that you are looking to pass dtmf from a remote user to your repeater so
that they can get voicemail ­ but I am guessing that this is what you are
seeking.

Cheers
Keith / VA3YC

keith at goobie.org