[App_rpt-users] Couple of issues...

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Sat Mar 16 15:15:27 UTC 2013

Re: [App_rpt-users] Couple of issues...To triple the comment, you sound like your general audio settings are bad. Echolink audio is nothing short of horrible, don't set up to that. If you set the repeater modulation as per the asterisk app_rpt setup procedure the audio will be fantastic. Except for echolink. In rpt.conf there are settings to increase/decrease audio levels to and from echolink. But good luck setting those, as far as I have seen there is no "standard" for Echolink. There is very definetly for the Asterisk/Allstar side.

But another part of your comment makes me curious, is the computer running Asterisk the controller for the repeater? That's best but it sounds like you may have said computer connected to a repeater controller. All bets are off there. I say this because you suggest that the repeater audio is ok, but asterisk conncts are low. This suggests a repeater audio path that is different for loacl repeat audio and asterisk/allstar.

GeorgeC
W2DB
2360