[App_rpt-users] Fwd: Couple of issues...

Ryan Collier kb8pmy at kb8pmy.net
Mon Mar 18 03:51:54 UTC 2013

Thanks for all the information. Sorry I wrote this half a sleep lastnight.

I should have never said anything about echolink. Echolink is not the main
link. Yes, asterisk is comtrolling the radios. (Repeater Interface). I have
ran simpleusb many many many times. In order for me to get good repeated
audio( meaning input radio, asterisk, to output radio) all the settings are
zero and I have to add resistors to the audio. Also, allison and cw iders
and loud and at the correct level. Echolink ( since it was mentioned) is
set at default. But for some reason on some links the audio coming though
the repeater tx radio is very low. I acutually have to turn the radio up.
But I do have to make sure I turn the radio back down before the local rx
audio or iders come across cause it will blow your radio away. Is there a
setting or something on the just the internet asterisk audio to bring it up
3db? Like I said a few lines before, the local repeated audio is fine and
all the simpleusb setting are 0.

Keith on the iaxrpt. I have tried putting the call in the callerid spot in
iaxrpt. But I still get ghost. Is there something else I need to add to the
iax.conf or extensions.conf to pick that up?  I had it reading caller id
but it was the number not the name.

On the voicemail I can star 6 and then the extension number. I am guessing
not passing the DTMF tones is the problem now. But If I open that will it
pass through every link and rf that I have open? Or would it be better if
you can only read your email via sip or iax client?

Ryan