[App_rpt-users] How to turn on AllStar ID Requirements

George Zolla gazolla at san.rr.com
Fri Mar 22 14:24:11 UTC 2013

I am new to AllStar but I have great little home AllStar node with a simplex base station radio set at 5 Watts. No one else has ever connected and i ti meant just for my use. As such I do not send out a station ID at regular intervals.

Now I am helping a friend set up an AllStar site that will be used initially by an ARC then hopefully will get even wider use. At present we are using a simplex base station radio at 25 watts. One of the club members has suggested that  we need to be sending out an ID every 10 minutes while the station is being used. Is this correct? If so, how would I trigger that in AllStar? I have looked pretty closely at the rpt.conf file and have read throughout he documentation. I doubt that we want to turn on the beaconing. All other lines of code concerning links and morse code are are still at the default settings. Is there a line of code I need to uncomment or add to enable this feature?

Thanks of your help!

George,
K6GAZ