[App_rpt-users] Narrow FM setup

Alan Adamson adamson_alan at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 23 01:38:52 UTC 2013

Ok, so is it possible to make a narrow FM setup work and sound reasonable?
With this darn narrow banding stuff.  I have a new NXDN UHF module that I
can't get into Wide FM mode (like all my other ones).    So I want to set it
up with an RTCM as my replacement mobile repeater (gave it to my brother -
yeah I know :).).

So, can I get some recommendations for setup. I obviously can't generate
3khz, nor do I want it that hot on RX either. I do have a compander that I
can enable if that might help.

Just curious of those who decided to try this what they did and how they set
it up. this is a full duplex Icom UR-FR6000 module. next to the moto R1225
about the smallest full duplex repeater that I know of :). and cheap too by
repeater standards (for a new commercial repeater that is).

Any *constructive* advice appreciated?

Thanks,
Alan